You need a Pony size Equiband
You need a Small size Equiband
You need a Regular size Equiband
You need a Large size Equiband
REGULARS and LARGE IN STOCK
(special order only for Pony, small, and Western)
Please Note: The stock figures shown below include expected stock. This means you will be pre-ordering an equiband unless otherwise noted on the ARRIVALS board further down the page. It is advisable to pre-purchase your equiband as we cannot guarantee having spare stock!
The Equiband is not a training tool or gimmick. Its concept is based on scientifically proven and validated research from the human fields of conditioning and rehabilitation. The Equiband™ is not a substitute for veterinary care, and veterinary advice should be sought if you are in any doubt about your horse’s well-being.
Additional Research Articles from users of Equibands FAQs Fitting Video
Who can use the equiband?
• AGED HORSES – to maintain spinal mobility and strength. Horses with diagnosed arthritic issues must be warmed up prior to application of the Equiband™ system.
• RETRAINING - after a period of inactivity prior to restarting ridden exercise. Any horse that is being brought back into work after a period of inactivity will benefit from a month of training with the Equiband™ system to strengthen the core musculature, before being ridden.This is especially indicated in brood mares and horses that are obese in which the abdominal musculature is not being used optimally.
• REHABILITATION – horses that have been rested following an injury or colic surgery will benefit from core training exercises from the ground during the period of inactivity, followed by a month of training with the Equiband™ system.
• ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE - enhancement through optimal core muscle facilitation. Expert riders can round their horses’ backs but not every rider is able to produce this desired frame. The Equiband™ system teaches the horse to round up through flexing the spine, and allows the rider to develop a feel for this ideal frame. As the rider’s skills improve and they learn how to activate the core, the Equiband™ system can be used less frequently.
How does it work?
• Your Equiband™ system comes complete with saddle pad, two pre-threaded sets of Equiband™, as well as a tape measure and user guide. For safety it is essential to follow the guide on how to fit and use the Equiband™ system.