Please note: It is your responsibility to make sure you have ordered the correct size of Equiband system. These are expensive products and we will not be able to replace the wrong size once the item has been used.
PLEASE READ THE FAQ's before ordering.
The Equiband is not a training tool or gimmick. Its concept is based on scientifically proven and validated research from the human fields of conditioning and rehabilitation. The Equiband™ is not a substitute for veterinary care, and veterinary advice should be sought if you are in any doubt about your horse’s well-being.
You need a Pony size Equiband
You need a Small size Equiband
You need a Regular size Equiband
You need a Large size Equiband
Additional Research Articles from users of Equibands FAQs Fitting Video
Who can use the equiband?
• AGED HORSES – to maintain spinal mobility and strength. Horses with diagnosed arthritic issues must be warmed up prior to application of the Equiband™ system.
• RETRAINING - after a period of inactivity prior to restarting ridden exercise. Any horse that is being brought back into work after a period of inactivity will benefit from a month of training with the Equiband™ system to strengthen the core musculature, before being ridden.This is especially indicated in brood mares and horses that are obese in which the abdominal musculature is not being used optimally.
• REHABILITATION – horses that have been rested following an injury or colic surgery will benefit from core training exercises from the ground during the period of inactivity, followed by a month of training with the Equiband™ system.
• ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE - enhancement through optimal core muscle facilitation. Expert riders can round their horses’ backs but not every rider is able to produce this desired frame. The Equiband™ system teaches the horse to round up through flexing the spine, and allows the rider to develop a feel for this ideal frame. As the rider’s skills improve and they learn how to activate the core, the Equiband™ system can be used less frequently.
How does it work?
• Your Equiband™ system comes complete with saddle pad, two pre-threaded sets of Equiband™, as well as a tape measure and user guide. For safety it is essential to follow the guide on how to fit and use the Equiband™ system.